Posted September 22, 2022
Front Desk Agent
Greet and register guests, provides prompt and courteous service, and closes out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet high standards of quality.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate. Requires continual standing and movement throughout front office.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers’ checks, and other forms of payment. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest room and House accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, research and attempt to resolve problem within established guidelines; may include turning problem over to a supervisor.
- Field guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating, or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
- Summon guest service personnel for assistance to escort guests to their rooms as appropriate.
- Provide safety deposit boxes for guest by escorting them to the vault room, assisting the customer in opening the deposit box lock.
- Operate facsimile machine to send, receive, and log incoming transmissions. Notify guests of incoming faxes using the message function of the computer.
- Use the photocopier to make copies of items as required.
- File registration cards in room number order.
- Retrieve registration cards from the files for each check out.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor such as assisting PBX operators or reservations agents.
Specific Job Knowledge And Skills
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and help resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and move throughout the front office and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Holiday Inn & Suites Boston-Peabody
183 Room Hotel
The hotel's proximity to Boston ensures easy travel for business travelers and academics. Route-1 and -128, as well as I-95, put the city center within a few miles. These roads also enable easy access to surrounding suburbs and the greater Boston area's more than 50 colleges and universities.
Because there are so many academic institutions nearby, this hotel is perfect for prospective students and visiting parents. Guests are also close to notable landmarks like the infamous site of the Salem Witch Trials, the historic town of Salem, MA. The hotel guests can also take "The T" commuter rail which is a short drive from the hotel into the city to enjoy local nightlife, attend a Red Sox game at Fenway Park and explore the endless attractions found in the Boston area.
The hotel's guests enjoy an array of fantastic amenities here at the Holiday Inn® Hotel Boston - Peabody. A heated, indoor pool affords recreation and relaxation, while the fitness center lets you erase the day stress.