Posted June 17, 2022
Night Auditor (Weekends)
Come join our hotel team!The DoubleTree Annapolis is 4.3 miles from Downtown Annapolis.Our 219 rooms offer modern décor and custom Hilton beds, minifridges, microwaves and free WIFI. Suites add living areas with kitchenettes and a sleeper sofa.Our award winning restaurant and bar, Ports of Call, specializes in seafood, offers a café serving coffee and snacks, and has a private dining room for special occasions. There’s also a 24/7 fitness center and seasonal pool for our guest to utilize. Additional amenities include 12,000 sq. ft. of event space as well as a business center and free downtown shuttle for all guest!
Greet and register guests, provides prompt and courteous service, and closes out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet high standards of quality.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate. Requires continual standing and movement throughout front office.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers’ checks, and other forms of payment. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest room and House accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, research and attempt to resolve problem within established guidelines; may include turning problem over to a supervisor.
- Field guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating, or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
- Summon guest service personnel for assistance to escort guests to their rooms as appropriate.
- Provide safety deposit boxes for guest by escorting them to the vault room, assisting the customer in opening the deposit box lock.
- Operate facsimile machine to send, receive, and log incoming transmissions. Notify guests of incoming faxes using the message function of the computer.
- Use the photocopier to make copies of items as required.
- File registration cards in room number order.
- Retrieve registration cards from the files for each check out.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor such as assisting PBX operators or reservations agents.
Specific Job Knowledge And Skills
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and help resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and move throughout the front office and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
- Employee is always required to take on the responsibility and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and duties.
- Complies with health and safety rules, regulations and procedures to maintain a safe environment.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- No special licenses required.
- No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
We offer part-time benefit plans consisting of telemedicine, vision, dental, life, short- & long-term disability, critical illness, accident and indemnity, identity theft, pre-paid legal, pet discount program, wellness program, wonderful hotel discounts and much more!
Spire Hospitality is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer.
The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster (https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm) and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp\_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis
219 Room Hotel
At A Glance
Whether you are staying with us for business or leisure, no one can offer the best of Annapolis quite like DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis. We’re within walking distance of Annapolis Towne Centre and its unique shopping and dining options. A short ride via the hotel’s complementary shuttle takes you to Historic Annapolis and the waterfront, where you can find the sailing capital of the world and the freshest seafood you’ll ever eat, plus a lively music scene and more terrific shopping. We’re also close to Baltimore, Washington, D.C. and Baltimore/Washington International, and with two electric vehicle charging stations at our Annapolis hotel it’s easier to travel around.
Our rooms are great to relax or work in, with our Sweet Dreams® bedding, complimentary WiFi and ergonomic desk chairs. Suites include a king-sized bed, larger seating area with sofa bed, a kitchenette and upgraded bathrooms with a whirlpool tub and glass shower. Ports of Call, our on-site restaurant, serves a hot breakfast every morning as well as lunch and dinner specials. We also offer in-room dining and a 24-hour café for your convenience.
Our business center is open 24/7. We have 12,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space for groups of 4-400, plus a dedicated meetings coordinator and an award-winning chef.
Join us at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis. We will greet you with one of our signature, warm DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie and follow up with one of the best experiences you will ever have.